Our 3 Favorite Ways to Make Coffee While Camping
By Mekenna Malan | April 13th, 2022
If a steaming cup of joe is the best part of your morning, you shouldn't have to sacrifice it in the great outdoors. You won't find instructions on making cowboy coffee here—you deserve better than that.
Alpine Start is our top pick for backpackers, thru-hikers, or van-lifers that want a quick and convenient cup of coffee without sacrificing quality and flavor. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
1. Pour packet of instant coffee into your mug.
2. Mix in 8 oz. of hot or cold water.
3. Yeah, that's it—it literally couldn't be easier. Enjoy!
Located just a few short blocks away from our shop, Wasatch Roasting Company sources high-grade coffee from sustainable producers around the world. These novel, single-serve pour over kits include everything you need for a third-wave cafe-style manual brew no matter where you are.
1. Attach the pour over packet over the sides of your mug.
2. Slowly pour boiling water through the grounds inside the packet.
3. Repeat step two 3-4 times until about 7 oz. of coffee has been brewed. Enjoy!
A favorite manual brew method among coffee enthusiasts, an Aeropress is a great way to make coffee at home and in the wild. Super packable and lightweight, the Aeropress comes with everything you need to brew a delicious cup—just BYO ground coffee and hot water.
1. Insert a paper or reuseable Aeropress filter into the filter compartment and tightly attach. Set the whole device on top of your mug.
2. Pour one Aeropress scoop (about 2.5 tablespoons) of finely-ground coffee into top of the Aeropress.
3. Pour boiling water into the Aeropress up to the "4" marker.
4. Stir a few times with the Aeropress stirrer and allow it to brew for one minute.
5. Insert the Aeropress plunger and press straight down until all the brewed coffee has been dispensed. Enjoy!